December 10, 2022 for the return of our annual Crab & Shrimp Feed
This year we are partnering with the Elk Grove Optimist Club to bring back our annual Crab & Shrimp Feed at the SES Hall.
Yes, we did move it from the first Saturday in December to the second Saturday in December because it would have conflicted with the Illumination Festival at District 56 on the 3rd of December 2022.
Save the Date
The Elk Grove Lions club will hold a small fundraiser on April first. It will be a shrimp dinner. I will have tickets here by February 1st.
Hi, friends! The Elk Grove Lions Club is asking for your support. We are excited to be participating for the fourth time in the Big Day of Giving on May 4th, 2023! We hope you will join us in making this a big success for the visually impaired in our community. As many of you know, the Lions Clubs are the Knights of the Blind, a challenge to the Lions by none other than Helen Keller.
Don’t do banking online, want to write a check instead? Please make the check payable to Elk Grove Lions Foundation and mail it to the Elk Grove Lions Club, P.O. Box 465, Elk Grove, CA 95759 before May 4, 2021 and we’ll add it to the Big Day of Giving totals on your behalf). If you cannot get it into the mail this week, that’s ok; we will still be able to use it to support your vision impaired neighbors in our community.
Click here to learn more and to make your donation.
Why should you give; what do we do with the funds raised by this fundraiser? “We Serve” we give to our community. Here are some examples:
- The Elk Grove Lions Club pays for eye glasses and exams for people in need here in Elk Grove. In fact, we budget about $500 per month just for eye glasses and exams. When we run out of money, we can no longer provide this service.
- We support the Elk Grove Child Spree, a program that provides a shopping spree at Kohl’s with a volunteer chaperone, a haircut, and a pancake breakfast for about 100 children in need each year. We work closely with the Elk Grove School District, the Optimist Club and Soroptimist International of Elk Grove on this program.
- We provide a pancake breakfast every month for the Elk Grove Senior Center at a cost to the club of about $300 to $400 per month.
- We support our high school graduates with several annual scholarship award through the Elk Grove Regional Scholarship Foundation.
- We provide funds to the Burn Institute to support children who have had their lives turned upside down as a result of being burned in a fire.
- For a small list of some of the things we have done over the past few years, click here.
How do you give? It is a simple process of clicking on this link, then get out your credit card and then click on the big Donate Now button. You will see a set of buttons which show how we plan to use the funds that we collect. Click on the amount you want to donate, or fill in the box for any amount that you want. Answer a few questions and follow the steps to provide your credit card info. I know that we have dozens of wonderful organizations that give so much to make our community a better place to live, and I hope that you remember the Elk Grove Lions Foundation with your giving.