The Elk Grove Lions Club has fundraisers so that we can provide services to members of our community as well as support to many local organizations with their fundraisers. Check below to learn more about our fundraisers. If you are in need of our assistance with your fundraiser, click here to learn more.
Our annual fund raising events:
Big Day of Giving – May 4, 2023 This is a 24 hour community giving event. Check it out.
Day of the Dead Carnitas Dinner – October 29th at the Pavilion in Elk Grove Park
Giving Tuesday – This event is held worldwide on the last Tuesday of November but you can give anytime the mood strikes you.
December Crab Feed – It is held on the 2nd Saturday of December at the SES Hall in Elk Grove.
How do we use the funds we generate with our fundraisers?
We use the funds that we generate at our fundraisers to be able to provide assistance to the dozens of programs that we manage each year. For example:
- Our club spends about $500 each month on eye exams and eye glasses for people who cannot afford exams or glasses.
- We provide a pancake breakfast every month for the Elk Grove Senior Center at a cost to the club of about $300 to $400 per month.
- We provide support to Boy Scout Troop 59 each year for their Eagle Scout Awards and their Court of Honor.
- We support our high school graduates with scholarship awards through the Elk Grove Regional Scholarship Foundation.
- We support our local FFA and 4-H members during the animal auction at the county fair.
- Another major program that we support is the Elk Grove Optimist Club’s Kohl’s Child Spree where we provide a pancake breakfast for about 200-300 kids and parents at no cost to the participants.
- We collect and recycle eye glasses and hearing aids for people in need throughout the world.
- Finally, we support those in need who have been impacted by natural disasters, both locally and throughout the world.